Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Green Hydra - Part 1

"Laptops.. shit I hate them"

For years I've been screaming and shouting at friends that have wasted countless thousands of rand on laptops with poor specs. And sadly this year.. I've become one of them. Due to needing a notebook in class at my College I bought a "fast" Samsung R580 (Core i5, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 330m 1GB, 640GB HDD) which surprisingly doesnt seem that bad but lets be honest, its no beast.


Above Image - Samsung R580

Switching between my desktop and notebook everyday to play games on max settings has become a bitch to say the least, which is making me game less and less because I end up using my notebook for classwork and dont bother even switching my PC on...

So... I was thinking, why bother have a desktop and a notebook when I can combine them and have the best notebook that (MY) money can buy.

I am naming this project - The Green Hydra... my attempt to speed up a notebook to the extreme with a medium budget and throwing that damn desktop out the window.

This week I will be in the process of researching various SSD drives, and hopefully coming to a conclusion on which I will install in this excuse for a "fast" notebook.


Above Image - Current Windows Experience Index Score

No comments:

Post a Comment